السبت، 12 نوفمبر 2011

Cupcake Pops Using My Little Cupcake Cake Pop Mold

 

For over a year, I wanted to make Bakerella’s cupcake cake pops.   I’d look at them online, read about them, think about them, but frankly – I was intimidated by them.   Finally a few weeks ago I gave them a try.  One word.  FAIL.   I’m not sure what I did wrong, but they were just blobs.  They tasted great, but were not very cute.   A few days later I came across My Little Cupcake’s Cake Pop Mold.   I figured for $5.95, plus shipping, I could take a risk and try it out.

Guess what???  It worked!  Wonderfully!  They have a GREAT tutorial video on the front page of their website.  I watched it and figured if her kids can do it, I could do it (or at least I should try to).   I used the No Bake recipe on her site (which happens to be my favorite Oreo truffle recipe – I’ve been known to attend Pampered Chef parties simply because I know they often serve the Oreo truffles).   I like cake pops, but I LOVE the Oreo truffles.   Let’s walk through how to do this…

Ingredients are quite simple, Oreos, cream cheese, melting chocolate, M&Ms and sprinkles.   You’ll also need sticks and having an empty egg carton ready will come in handy.    To make a full batch, you will use the entire bag of Oreos and entire block of cream cheese.   Now, having said that, I almost always cut back on the cream cheese.   For this batch I used half the bag of Oreos and 1/3 the block of cream cheese.

Take the Oreos for a spin in the food processor.

Poor the crumbs into a bowl.   Add your cream cheese.

Ready to get your hands dirty?   Mix that cream cheese in by hand.  It’s gooey and messy and you have to work it for a bit, but eventually you will get this…

Resist eating the giant ball of Oreo truffle dough.   It’s hard, I know.

Roll the dough by hand into 1″ balls.   I tended to make mine too small, they needed to be a decent size.  Almost the size of a golf ball.   The first few I made weren’t big enough, and I had to redo them.    After making the Oreo balls, put them in the fridge for at least ten minutes.

Now you will want to take your ball of dough and put it into the cupcake pop mold.  I found it best to not try and squish it in, but let the mold do the work when you close it.

Wipe off any excess.    And with a little luck, you will have a super cute little cupcake!

Aww, aren’t they cute?   Now stick them in the fridge for at least ten more minutes.   Before pulling them out of the fridge, go ahead and melt your chocolate according to the package directions.

Dip the bottom part of the cake pop into the chocolate.

After dipping the bottom in chocolate, insert your stick.   This is where your egg carton will come in handy, as it makes a wonderful cupcake pop holding area.

After the chocolate has set, melt your second chocolate color so you can dip the tops into it.

Let the excess drip off, turn over and top with an M&M and then sprinkles of your choice.

And then let set.   I used a block of styrofoam from Walmart to put mine in.

How freaking cute are those?????    Thumbs up to My Little Cupcake for their amazing product!

I put mine into a yellow bucket from the Target dollar section.  You can use styrofoam in it, but I actually used dried beans to hold mine in place.  Easter grass hides so much!

Love them!  Hopefully the sweet birthday girl who I made them for will enjoy them.



  




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق